This book is a series of essays on thoughts and how they affect our two minds: the mind of the body and the mind of the spirit. The mind of the body is limited and fights change.It thinks things must always be the way they’ve always been. The mind of the spirit trusts in the Supreme Power which made all things and knows that anything is possible if you believe.
“Thoughts are Things” is the beginning- of your personal understanding, of the Victorian New Thought Movement, and in turn, the modern New Age. A book that is hard to describe, yet indespensible reading! Always described as rather odd and other worldly, Prentice Mulford believed in, and practiced the arts of mental telepathy and prophesy; he predicted the airplane, and his holistic views of nature and ecology,and his appreciation and respect for women and those of other races are now a part of the fabric of our culture.
Table of Contents
- Chapter One – THE MATERIAL MIND V. THE SPIRITUAL MIND6
- Chapter Two – WHO ARE OUR RELATIONS?19
- Chapter Three – THOUGHT CURRENTS36
- Chapter Four – ONE WAY TO CULTIVATE COURAGE50
- Chapter Five – LOOK FORWARD!63
- Chapter Six – GOD IN THE TREES; OR, THE INFINITE MIND IN NATURE77
- Chapter Seven – SOME LAWS OF HEALTH AND BEAUTY89
- Chapter Eight – MUSEUM AND MENAGERIE HORRORS100
- Chapter Nine – THE GOD IN YOURSELF103
- Chapter Ten – THE HEALING AND RENEWING FORCE OF SPRING116
- Chapter Eleven – IMMORTALITY IN THE FLESH127
- Chapter Twelve – THE ATTRACTION OF ASPIRATION140
- Chapter Thirteen – THE ACCESSION OF NEW THOUGHT153